Question: I am a US citizen and I have filed for my sister’s I-130 back in year 2008. Now my sister’s marital status has changed. She is married and has 2 kids. Do I need to add these updates in her application? Do I need to file a different form for her husband and her kids?

Answer: You have to add the spouse and the children to the application on an approved case on Form I-824 – Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition.