According to USCIS announcement dated, March 25, 2020, USCIS Officer Closure will be now reopen on April 7, 2020, instead of April 1, 2020 as announced earlier on March 18, 2020, unless the public closures are extended further. As stated in our March 18, 2020 blog, the employees will continue to perform mission essential services that do not require face-to-face contact with the public and USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency services. One can call the Contact Center of USCIS for assistance with emergency services.
Also, USCIS field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by the extended closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location of the interview. When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments due to the office closure. Applicant/Beneficiary will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again.
Please refer to our previous articles on COVID-19. We will regularly update the blog as soon as any new information is available on COVID-19.
Previous Articles on COVID-19:
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-treatment-or-preventive-services-not-to-negatively-impact-the-aliens-seeking-extension-of-stay-change-of-status-or-adjustment-of-status/ (Date of Publication: March 16, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-suspension-of-in-person-services-and-services-available-only-in-emergency-situations/ (Date of Publication: March 18, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-suspends-premium-processing-for-all-i-129-and-i-140-petitions-and-dos-suspends-routine-visa-services-at-all-u-s-embassies-and-consulates/ (Date of Publication: March 20, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-announces-flexibility-in-submitting-required-signatures-during-covid-19-national-emergency/ (Date of Publication: March 20, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-temporary-closure-of-uscis-international-offices/ (Date of Publication: March 25, 2020)
This article aims to provide new information concerning COVID-19 and its effect on the Aliens. This article, under no circumstances, acts as legal or medical advice; therefore, for any further case-specific question, please contact your doctor and attorney or the Ahluwalia Law Offices, P.C. (Team ALO).