According to USCIS announcement dated April 01, 2020, USCIS offices will begin to reopen on May 04, 2020, instead of April 07, 2020, as announced earlier on March 25, 2020, unless the public closures are extended further. As stated in our March 25, 2020 blog, the employees will continue to perform mission essential services that do not require face-to-face contact with the public, and USCIS will continue to provide limited emergency services. One can call the Contact Center of USCIS for assistance with emergency services.
In addition, earlier this week USCIS announced that it would be expanding the flexibility for responding to RFE and NOID requests as announced on March 27, 2020, to certain Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR) and Notices to Intent to Terminate (NOIT) regional investment centers, as well as certain filing date requirements for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal of Motion.
As per USCIS, this flexibility applies to an RFE, NOID, NOIR, NOIT, or appeal-able decision within AAO jurisdiction, and the issuance date listed on the request, notice, or decision is between March 1, 2020, and May 1, 2020, inclusive. Also, any response to an RFE, NOID, NOIR, NOIT received within 60 calendar days after the response due date set in the request or notice will be considered by USCIS before any action is taken. Any Form I-290B received up to 60 calendar days from the date of the decision will be considered by USCIS before it takes any action.
Please refer to our previous articles on COVID-19. We will regularly update the blog as soon as any new information is available on COVID-19.
Previous Articles on the New H-1B Electronic Registration Process:
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-treatment-or-preventive-services-not-to-negatively-impact-the-aliens-seeking-extension-of-stay-change-of-status-or-adjustment-of-status/ (Date of Publication: March 16, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-suspension-of-in-person-services-and-services-available-only-in-emergency-situations/ (Date of Publication: March 18, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-suspends-premium-processing-for-all-i-129-and-i-140-petitions-and-dos-suspends-routine-visa-services-at-all-u-s-embassies-and-consulates/ (Date of Publication: March 20, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-announces-flexibility-in-submitting-required-signatures-during-covid-19-national-emergency/ (Date of Publication: March 20, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-temporary-closure-of-uscis-international-offices/ (Date of Publication: March 25, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-temporary-office-closure-extended-until-at-least-april-7-2020/ (Date of Publication: March 25, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-announces-flexibility-in-submission-of-response-for-requests-for-evidence-rfe-and-notices-of-intent-to-deny-noid/ (Date of Publication: March 27, 2020)
This article aims to provide new information concerning COVID-19 and its effect on the Aliens. This article, under no circumstances, acts as legal advice; therefore, for any further case-specific question, please contact your Attorney or the Ahluwalia Law Offices, P.C. (Team ALO).