According to USCIS announcement dated March 30, 2020, USCIS will continue to process EAD (employment authorization) extension requests despite application support center closures and will reuse previously submitted bio-metrics in order to process valid Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, extension requests due to the temporary closure of Application Support Centers (ASC) to the public in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This announcement is consistent with existing USCIS authorities regarding the agency’s ability to reuse previously submitted bio-metrics.
Applicants who had an appointment scheduled with an ASC on or after the March 18 closure or has filed an I-765 extension will have their application processed using previously submitted bio-metrics. This will remain in effect until ASCs are open for appointments to the public.
Please refer to our previous articles on COVID-19. We will regularly update the blog as soon as any new information is available on COVID-19.
Previous Articles on COVID-19:
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-treatment-or-preventive-services-not-to-negatively-impact-the-aliens-seeking-extension-of-stay-change-of-status-or-adjustment-of-status/ (Date of Publication: March 16, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-suspension-of-in-person-services-and-services-available-only-in-emergency-situations/ (Date of Publication: March 18, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-suspends-premium-processing-for-all-i-129-and-i-140-petitions-and-dos-suspends-routine-visa-services-at-all-u-s-embassies-and-consulates/ (Date of Publication: March 20, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-announces-flexibility-in-submitting-required-signatures-during-covid-19-national-emergency/ (Date of Publication: March 20, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-temporary-closure-of-uscis-international-offices/ (Date of Publication: March 25, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-temporary-office-closure-extended-until-at-least-april-7-2020/ (Date of Publication: March 25, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-announces-flexibility-in-submission-of-response-for-requests-for-evidence-rfe-and-notices-of-intent-to-deny-noid/ (Date of Publication: March 27, 2020)
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/covid-19-update-uscis-temporary-office-closure-extended-until-at-least-may-3-2020-expands-flexibility-for-responding-to-uscis-requests/ (Date of Publication: April 01, 2020)
This article aims to provide new information concerning COVID-19 and its effect on the Aliens. This article, under no circumstances, acts as legal advice; therefore, for any further case-specific question, please contact your Attorney or the Ahluwalia Law Offices, P.C. (Team ALO).