Question: My 10 yr Green Card will expire in July 2017. I applied for citizenship in Feb 2017. Since it is not possible to complete citizenship process before the expiry of Green Card, what happens to my status once Green Card expires? Should I also apply to renew Green Card?

Answer: Yes, you may want to apply for the renewal of the permanent resident card, while your naturalization is pending. With the enforcement of current memos and orders, you do not want to be without a valid proof of your current immigration status. A receipt of the application is a good proof along with the proof of receipt of naturalization application.