14180 Dallas Parkway, Suite 720

H-4 dependent status when seeking divorce

Question: What are the options (other than filling for H-1B) for a wife working on H-4 EAD, based on husband’s H-1B, if she is under emotional distress and have to seek divorce. Both are from India.

Answer: Unfortunately, once divorced, the ability to use dependent status and the benefits can not be argued. It would be a matter of time and discovery.