14180 Dallas Parkway, Suite 720

Options while MTR Processing


I was on an H1B and changed my status to H4, then again applied change of status to an H1B. When I transferred back to H1B, my application got an RFE for speciality occupation and then it was denied. Currently my employer is filing an MTR. While my MTR is in process, can I be in United States?
And can I file a new H1B through consular processing?


You can be here waiting for the MTR but cannot work.

The H1B can be applied through consular processing and you can enter the
country upon USCIS approval and new stamping.