Question: My question is regarding E2 visa. Once in USA on a visit visa either B1 / B2, we request for status change to E2 and once its approved, can we travel outside USA to any country on a visitor visa and allowed to re-enter USA. More specifically, I want to know if the dependents i.e. spouse of principal applicant and children if they travel outside USA, while principal applicant stay in USA, will they be allowed to re-enter USA or they will be required to stamp visa in the USA Embassy of the country of travel? Please clarify.
Answer: For any one to travel once they have changed to another visa, they have to obtain a stamp on the passport to travel in or out of the country.