Question: My husband got a green card based on marriage with me as I am a US citizen. His green card is expiring April 2018. He got a green card for 2 years. We are planing to travel can we? And when can we renew his green card?

Answer: Your husband can travel up until the validity of green card. He is eligible to apply for a renewal within 90 days of the expiration of the green card.