14180 Dallas Parkway, Suite 720

Change of status from F-1 to E visa

Question: I am on F-1 status. Can I change my status from F-1 to E visa, through my brother’s business If I want to get his business to my name or some other options.

Answer: If you are from a country which allows investment treaties with the US, it is possible to file for E-2 with some conditions. You have to invest in to the business from your personal accounts for the first eligibility.

Leave a comment