According to USCIS announcement dated, March 27, 2020, USCIS has received enough electronic registrations during the initial period to reach the FY 2021 H-1B numerical allocations (H-1B cap) and has randomly selected from among the registrations properly submitted. USCIS intends to notify petitioners with selected registrations no later than March 31, 2020. The petitioners can file an H-1B cap-subject petition for the beneficiary named in the applicable selected registration.
Registrants’ online accounts in the coming days will show one of the following statuses for each registration (that is, for each beneficiary registered):
- Submitted: A registration status may continue to show “Submitted” after the initial selection process has been completed. “Submitted” registrations will remain in consideration for selection until the end of the fiscal year, at which point all registration statuses will be Selected, Not Selected, or Denied.
- Selected: Selected to file an FY 2021 H-1B cap-subject petition.
- Denied: A duplicate registration was submitted by the same registrant for the same beneficiary, or a payment method was declined and not reconciled. If denied as a duplicate registration, all registrations you submitted for this beneficiary for the fiscal year are invalid.
Only petitioners with selected registrations may file H-1B cap-subject petitions for FY 2021, and only for the beneficiary in the applicable selected registration notice.
As of now, the status of the beneficiary is being updated on the My USCIS portal on a rolling basis.
Please refer to our previous articles on H1B Electronic Registration Process. We will regularly update the blog as soon as any new information is available.
Previous Articles on the New H-1B Electronic Registration Process:
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/update-uscis-implements-new-h-1b-electronic-registration-process/ (Date of Publication: December 10, 2019).
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/change-in-h-1b-cap-procedures-on-the-horizon/ (Date of Publication: December 19, 2018).
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/our-comments-on-the-h1b-registration-rule-are-up/ (Date of Publication: December 28, 2018).
- http://www.ahluwalialaw.com/update-uscis-publishes-notice-concerning-new-h-1b-electronic-registration-process-in-the-federal-register/ (Date of Publication: January 14, 2020)
This article aims to provide new information concerning H1B electronic registration process. This article, under no circumstances, acts as legal advice; therefore, for any further case-specific question, please contact your Attorney or the Ahluwalia Law Offices, P.C. (Team ALO).