Offices in Dallas (Main Office) & Houston, Texas

Children born in Canada, pursuing studies in USA

Question: I am Canadian citizen. I have two boys 16 and 11. I want my children to stay in US and pursue their studies. I talked to public schools in Dallas and enrolled my children in the school. But on the border, I was asked if my children could take student visa. How can I get student visa for them. Please suggest the easiest way out.

Answer: To understand the kind of schools, allowing students to obtain student visa, there is a difference between private school and a public school. The SEVP certified private school can issue student visas. However, a public school cannot issue I-20s for a student visa up until high school.

Ahluwalia Law Offices Logo


For your safety and that of our Team, we are currently offering only phone consultations. Your deadlines remain our priority and will be met. Kindly keep up with our blogs for the latest on the impact of COVID-19 and if it impacts you.
Stay safe!

Phone: (972) 361-0606
Fax: (972) 361-0999
Email: [email protected]