Scroll Top
Offices in Dallas (Main Office) & Houston, Texas

Houston Immigration Law

HomeLocationsHouston → Houston Immigration Law

About Our Immigration Legal Services

Ahluwalia Law Offices, P.C provides a large-scale of Family and Employment based Immigration services. We represent a wide range of individual backgrounds and many corporations seeking highly educated candidates through the employment-based visa process.

Getting Your Immigration Case Evaluated

Family based Immigration

This is the oldest method to sponsor family members on a permanent basis to the U.S. The U.S citizens can sponsor spouse, children, parents, brother, sister, married and unmarried sons and daughters including adopted children. Permanent Residents of the U.S may sponsor spouses, children and unmarried adult sons and daughters. Our attorneys specialize in these cases as well as specialty cases such as VAWA, K and V visas. We also focus on Naturalizations and Green card filings.

If you or a family member needs assistance with any of the above-mentioned immigration matters, please call our office at 713-600-4339(GHEET) or email [email protected]

Employment Based Immigration

This is widely used for both temporary and permanent based employment immigration to U.S. We provide guidance and education on the very complex immigration issues resulting from mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate changes. We also assist corporate clients on immigration services as executive, manager, and professional employees in most visa categories. Our attorneys specialize in the following:

H-1B visa: The H-1B nonimmigrant classification is a vehicle through which a qualified individual may seek admission to the U.S on a temporary basis to work in his /her field of expertise.

J visa: This is an approved program for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing or to receive graduate, medical education or training.

L visa: This visa facilitates the temporary transfer of foreign worker in the managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge of category to the U.S to continue employment with an office of the same employer, its parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate.

R visa: These are short term work visas available to people who have been offered jobs as religious workers in the U.S.

TN visa: This visa category, under NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) is available for professionals who are citizens of Canada and Mexico.

PERM Labor Certification: The Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) Labor certification issued by Department of Labor allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work permanently in the U.S.

E2 visa: These visas in short are investor visas. Also know as Treaty Investors which allows a person(s) to be admitted into the U.S. by investing a sizeable amount financially in a U. S. based business(s). In addition, there are certain criteria that need to be met aside from the financial commitment(s) on order to be qualified.

If you or a family member needs assistance with any of the above-mentioned immigration matters, please call our office at 713-600-4339(GHEET) or email [email protected]

Permanent Visas

Permanent immigration is the goal of many people entering or planning to enter the United States. Lawful permanent residency offers individuals a multitude of benefits, including the freedom to live and work permanently in the U.S. Potential immigrants should be as informed about the laws as possible. Here at Ahluwalia Law Offices, we have a dedicated staff to answer your questions in addition to providing you with a complete online database of immigration information.

Immigrants to the United States are divided into two categories:

1.  Individuals who may acquire permanent residency without numerical limitation.

2.  Individuals subject to a yearly limitation.

Asylum or Refugee Immigration

The U.S. Immigration Law allows people who have well-founded fear of persecution to seek asylum or refugee status. This status will allow them to obtain permanent residency in the U.S. (green card). However, to qualify the applicant needs to belong to one or more of the five categories of recognized people who have well-founded fear of persecution because of his or her:

1.  race

2.  nationality

3.  religion

4.  membership of a particular social group or because he or she is identified with a particular social group

5.  political opinion that will subject him to persecution.

Also, the law requires that an applicant must apply within 1 year of arriving in the U.S. otherwise; applicant must show either extraordinary circumstances or changed circumstances in his or her home country.

Employment-Based Immigration

One of the most widely used methods to obtain permanent immigration is through employment. There are five classifications for employment-based immigration. The attorneys at Ahluwalia Law Offices are experts in all areas of employment-based immigration. We are here to answer any questions you may have. Please click on the category that best suits your situation.

EB-1 Priority workers

1. Individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.

2. Outstanding professors or researchers

3. Managers and executives transferred to the US

EB-2 Professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability

1. Individuals with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business

2. Professionals with advanced degrees

3. Physicians intending to practice medicine in underserved areas

EB-3 Skilled or professional workers

1. Professionals with bachelor’s or equivalent degrees

2. Skilled workers with at least two years experience

3. Unskilled workers

EB-4 Special Immigrants

1. Religious workers

2. Employees and former employees of the US Government abroad

EB-5 Immigrant Investors

1. Engaging/starting in a new commercial enterprise in the U.S.

2. Showing that the new enterprise will either directly or indirectly create 10 or more jobs

EB-1 Priority Workers

The EB-1 classification is open for 3 types of foreign nationals that:

1.  Possess Extraordinary Ability in the Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics

2.  Outstanding Professors or Researchers, or

3.  Managers and Executives of multinational business entities who are on international transfer to the U.S.

Persons in this category are allowed to file for permanent residency (green cards) and do not need to file the labor certification application. Thus, beneficiaries in this group enjoy the highest priority among all employment-based green cards.

Individuals with extraordinary ability may self-petition. All other EB-1 petitions should be filed by your employer. Our attorneys will walk you through every step of the filing process to ensure the required conditions are met and the correct forms are filed.

Either you or your employer should file-in Form I-140, the Petition for Alien Worker with the USCIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the location of your employment. This form should contain all necessary documents and evidence. Labor certification is not required for EB-1 petitions.

At Ahluwalia Law Offices you will have access to a team of dedicated attorneys to assist you along the way to ensure all conditions, forms, and documents are met and submitted within the allotted time.

EB-4 Special Immigrants

At Ahluwalia Law Offices we also specialize in EB-4 applications. We are here to assist you along the way.

The EB-4 classification includes 2 groups of foreign nationals:

1.  Religious workers – primarily ministers of religion.

2.  Employees and former employees of the U.S. Government abroad who are foreign nationals.

This category must file Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, concurrently with a host of other forms depending on their needs with the USCIS serving the area where the immigrant will work.

H1-B Employment-Based Non-Immigrant Visas

The attorneys at Ahluwalia Law Offices are trained to handle all your H1B Visa needs. We are involved with you every step of the way to ensure the process is as efficient as possible. Under the non-immigrant visas, the H1B is the most oft used work visa. The H-1B visa is meant for employers to petition for foreign workers in specialty occupations, which fulfil a shortage in the country. The position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and the beneficiary employee’s education, and experience displays a specialized area of knowledge.  The employee must qualify by the following criteria:

  • A bachelor’s degree or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum requirement for the particular position;
  • The degree requirement is common for this position in the industry, or the job is so complex or unique that it can only be performed by someone with at least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position;
  • The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position; or
  • The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
Filing Fee Amount
Form I-129 $460
USCIS Anti Fraud Fee $500
ACWIA Education and Training Fee $750 (For employers less than 25 employees) $1500 (For employees more than 25 employees)
Premium Processing (optional) $2500

R-1 Non-Immigrant Religious Worker

Ahluwalia Law Offices also specialize in filing R-1 Visas.  The R-1 visa is for temporary non- immigrant religious workers, explicitly intended for special individuals whose lives are devoted to religious practices and functions, as eminent secular members of the religion.  Legally, the R-1 visa is for a foreign national who is coming to the United States temporarily to be employed as a minister or in another religious vocation or occupation at least part time.  Because this is a temporary visa, the R-1 visa allows an initial period of admission of up to 30 months.

To apply for an R-1 as a religious worker, you must follow certain criteria provided by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). To be specific, where you are employed/petitioner must allow follow strict measures: You must be employed by a non-profit organization in the United States, which is affiliated with a religious denomination in the United States, or the religious organization must be authorized by a group tax exemption holder to use its group tax exemption.  As an applicant/beneficiary (as an occupation or at least part time), you must have an average of at least 20 hour per week, have been a member of a religious denomination for at least two years directly before filing the petition, and under USCIS definitions, be a “religious worker”.

Expanding on USCIS definitions, a religious occupation is one whose duties primarily relate to a traditional religious function, be recognized as a religious occupation within the denomination, and be primarily related to, and clearly involve, inculcating or carrying out the religious creed and beliefs of the denomination. A common illusion is that you can apply to an R-1 visa, based on administrative or support positions such as janitors, maintenance workers, clerical employees, or fund-raisers or similar positions solely involved in soliciting donations, this is not true. Limited administrative duties that are only incidental to religious functions are permissible. Ministers are defined as individuals who are suitably authorized by the religious denomination and are fully trained according to the denomination’s standards to conduct religious worship and other duties usually performed by the clergy.

You can rest assured that your legal team of professionals is here along side you every step of the way on your journey to ensure that your mission is a success.

Filing Fee Amount
Form I-129 $460
Premium Processing (optional if you had a site visit at the Petitioner’s location within the past year) $2500

Speak with an Immigration Attorney Today

Want to make an appointment?

Fill out and send in the form below!

Houston Office
5444 Westheimer
Suite 1000
Houston, TX 77056
Phone: (713) 600-4338
Fax: (972) 361-0999
Email: [email protected]

See Our Reviews

Head Office

Houston Office
5444 Westheimer
Suite 1000
Houston, TX 77056
Phone: (713) 600-4338
Fax: (972) 361-0999
Email: [email protected]

Nameyour full name
Phoneyour phone number
Brief Overview and Availabilitymore details
0 /
FormCraft - WordPress form builder