Offices in Dallas (Main Office) & Houston, Texas

“Live-in” maids

Question: I would like to apply for a “live-in” maid from Pakistan on a Need Employment Visa. How can I do it?

Answer: Unfortunately there is no specific category set out for “live-in” maids in the employment category. The temporary visas under H2B was previously used but its extremely difficult to get an approval now. The USCIS and DOL does not consider that this kind of workers are not available within this country. You could try for this person under “Skilled Worker EB-3 category” with a permanent job offer and for Pakistan, this may enable the person to come within few years. Please be aware that this is a lengthy, expensive and unpredictable process.

Ahluwalia Law Offices Logo


For your safety and that of our Team, we are currently offering only phone consultations. Your deadlines remain our priority and will be met. Kindly keep up with our blogs for the latest on the impact of COVID-19 and if it impacts you.
Stay safe!

Phone: (972) 361-0606
Fax: (972) 361-0999
Email: [email protected]